Category: SHOWBIZ & ENTERTAINMENT

ADEKUNLE GOLD, OC UKEJE & TERRY PHETO CONFIRM ATTENDANCE AT IARA AWARDS

Finishing touches are being applied to the upcoming International Achievement Recognition Awards (IARA) holding in London on the 2nd September

And already several of the personalities up for awards have confirmed their attendance at the show that in the past has seen top profile personalities from Film, Television and Sporting fields pick up awards.

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fjoebolexquisite%2Fvideos%2F1681903631854566%2F&show_text=0&width=560“>Click to watch event promo video

Founder Helen Bola Imuaphe said in a chat “we are all excited at the IARA team for this year’s event. We have confirmation from Adekunle Gold and Nollywood actor OC Ukeje who will be jetting in for the event.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Also confirmed to attend is South African Oscar winning Actress Terry Pheto and Nollywood actress Nse Etim Ikpe’

According to Mrs Imuaphe, “The IARA this year is going to be a mind blowing night of fun. We have been planning for this year’s event for the past year and a lot of hard work has gone in to ensure that we top the great success of last year’s show”

The IARA Awards 2016 last year won the Event of the Year Award at the Nigerian Events Awards UK

 

IARA AWARDS

 

 

IARA Awards 2017 Saturday 2nd September

At Stratford Town Hall, London E15 4BQ @6pm.

Tickets available at – https://Iaraawards.eventbrite.com

Website- www.iara-awards.com
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
For sponsorship, media partnership or advertisement kindly call 07427251737

 

Advertisements

UNA ORGANISERS FINALISE LIST OF 57 WINNERS FOR 2017 AWARDS

Organisers of the Nigerian Uncelebrated Awards (UNA) UK have finalised the list of the 57 awardees who will be honoured in the 2017 event due to take place at the Mayfair Banqueting Suite in Chadwell Heath on September 30.

Now in its second year, the event will be a classy gala dinner that will attract community leaders, guests from Nigeria and high commission officials, where ordinary Nigerians in the UK who are excelling in numerous fields but have generally been overlooked in the past, will be honoured

Among the 57 who  will be honoured at the event are community leaders, faith workers, those who run charities, teachers, councillors, fashion designers, printers, entertainers, doctors, pharmacists and disc jockeys.

The awardees will all be presented with plaques and certificates on the night.

Ronke Udofia, the chair of the UNA awards sub-committee, said: “It was a very painstaking process chosing 57 individuals from the hundreds of nominations that were submitted but we wanted the process to be transparent, so went the extra mile. We scored each nomination individually and picked the top 57 with the highest scores based on our criteria.”

“Unlike other awards ceremonies, with the exception of industry events such as the Nigerian Events Awards UK, that only celebrates practitioners within the Events Industry,   UNA recognises ordinary working Nigerians in the UK like bus drivers, teachers, care workers, train conductors, etc and not just public figures and VIPs. Our first criteria is that to win a UNA award, you must not have been awarded elsewhere, so we had to check each of our 171 nominees individually to make sure they had not got an award elsewhere.”

Bola Ganiyu, the chair of UNA’s events management sub-committee added: “We want to assure all awardees and their guests that UNA 2017 will be unbelievable as we have secured the hall until 4am in the morning. The night will be a mixture of awards, entertainment and fun and the cuisine will be unique as we will have a variety of Nigerian dishes that have not been served at other events before.

“For just £50 for standard tickets and £75 for VIP tickets, guests will be treated to an evening they will never forget. We have got a lot of high profile VIP guests such as the acting Nigerian High Commissioner in the UK, Mr Simon Ogah, chair of the House of Representatives Committee on the Diaspora Rita Orji, the special adviser to the president on diaspora affairs Abike Dabiri-Erewa and the Ooni of Ife Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, coming over from Nigeria and we are looking at a mixture of entertainers from Nigeria and the UK diaspora.”

Members of the public who want to book tickets to attend the event are urged to visit the website http://www.uncelebratednigeriansawardsuk.org

 

Advertisement

 

NSS17

Screenshot_20170813-001448

 

OAAUK2017 save the datejpg

 

OKEY BAKASSI HITS LONDON STAGE IN FIRST HEADLINE COMEDY SHOW

Comedian and Actor Okey Bakassi hits London for his first headline show.

He is bringing the whole lot and doing something he has never done on stage here in London before. So expect the Unexpected on the night.

Bakassi  is quite good at his craft.

He wants the world to see him on a different scale and he is ready to raise the bar in both comedy and acting. On the night Okey Bakassi has promised to trill his UK fans with his new skits, stage play and 2 hours of Okey Bakassi like never seen before.

 

Okey Bakassi will be supported on the night by his colleagues such as Basketmouth,
Accapela Comedian and Kennyblaq who will be performing along side him.

A surprise musical artist will be announced before the day

For more info call: +447813455579+447794288054+447985689755 

 

Event Details
Date:  August 27th
Time: 5:00 pm
Venue: Lighthouse, Camberwell.
Tickets:£20 – £60
Website: http://www.nollypeek.com

ANTHONY JOSHUA DRAGGED INTO AMIR KHAN AND WIFE’S DIVORCE DRAMA

Amir Khan’s wife, Faryal Makhdoom, has spoken out amid their ongoing split drama, claiming the screenshots of messages between her and Anthony Joshua were fake. 

 

Last week, the couple announced they were splitting on Twitter, before a messy war of words broke out, in which Amir tweeted Faryal had “already moved on” with Anthony, posting supposed exchanges between them.

 

DAVE J HOGAN VIA GETTY IMAGES
Amir Khan and Faryal Makhdoom dramatically split last week

Having been silent on social media ever since, Faryal has now returned to Twitter to insist she and Anthony have “never even met”, adding there has been “a complete misunderstanding”.

 

She tweeted: “I’ve been quiet for some time… because I myself didn’t know what’s going on. Everything that’s going on is just not right and a complete misunderstanding.

“The screenshots sent to Amir were ‘fake’ and Amir thought Joshua and I were speaking… when we have never even met. Anger took the better of him and he tweeted away without thinking there was absolutely NO truth to it.

“It’s all cleared up with both teams now and again, there was NOTHING like that going on. Apologies for all this nonsense. Let’s get on with life now…”

 

Amir seemed to accept the messages were fake, as he sent a tweet to Anthony saying: “Glad all is cleared up and all lies. I got angry like any man would. No truth to it. Good to know. All the best.”

 

Anthony had previously denied the claims he and Faryal were seeing each other at the time, tweeting: “I hope you guys can resolve your situation or this is a hack as we have never even met! Plus I like my women BBW #ItWasntMe.”

 

@anthonyfjoshua glad all is cleared up and all lies. I got angry like any man would. No truth to it. Good to know. All the best https://twitter.com/faryalxmakhdoom/status/895806831460843520 

Admitting he had acted badly following his split from Faryal, Amir tweeted to fans: “I partied in Dubai with friends to get my wife angry. Shouldn’t have. That’s not like me and I’ll prove that.”

I partied in Dubai with friends to get my wife angry. Shouldn’t have. That’s not like me and I’ll prove that

He then went on to say his marriage was still over, but the tweet has since been deleted from his profile.

“I still have made my decision to leave Faryal. It happens in life. The relationship was getting unhealthy. I wish her nothing but the best,” the now-deleted update read.

Amir previously spoke out to confirm that his previous outburst on Twitter was real, following speculation he and Farayl had their Twitter accounts hacked.

In a video posted on Snapchat, he said: “Everything you’ve saw today on social media is real.

“Obviously, me and Faryal have both decided to move on… well, I’ve decided to walk away.

“Nothing’s been hacked and obviously it’s just a tough time we both have to go through.

“We just have to both move forward because it’s not healthy for any of us and I’m just not happy with the way I get treated by her and everything else.”

“But look,” he continued, “I wish her every best for the future and I’m in Dubai at the moment and I’m doing some training and stuff, but I don’t want you guys to worry, I am staying strong.

“I just want to say a big thank you for all your support, but yeah, what’s done is done.”

Faryal and Amir wed in front of 1000 guests at a lavish New York ceremony in 2013. The couple have one daughter, two-year-old Lamisah.

She previously hit headlines thanks to a very public feud with Amir’s family.

 


Advertisement

una17

IARA17

IMG-20170618-WA0004

R&B STAR USHER SUED BY FANS FOR EXPOSING THEM TO HERPES

Ouch!

Usher is being sued by three people who accuse the singer of failing to tell them he had herpes before engaging in sexual intercourse.

The suit was filed in a Los Angeles court on Monday, accusing the R&B star – who has not yet responded to a request for comment – of sexual battery, fraud, infliction of emotional distress and negligence.

Two of the three accusers have chosen to remain anonymous, while Quantasia Sharpton chose to go public at a press conference in New York on Monday.

Ms Sharpton claimed Usher had failed to warn her about STDs when she was “selected to go backstage after the show”.

ushr

“It was my birthday so I was wearing a birthday crown,” she said.

“That is why I was selected to go backstage after the show. Later, a security guard picked me up and asked me for my number. He told me Usher had seen me backstage and was interested in me.”

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FTheBloomFirm%2Fvideos%2F2032877883614348%2F&show_text=1&width=560

Ms Sharpton claimed Usher called her on her cellphone and went to visit her in her hotel room.

“When I first heard he had herpes I couldn’t believe it. I would have never consented if I had known,” she said.

In Monday’s case, only one of the three accusers tested positive for herpes. Ms Sharpton did not.

“We hope the reports are not true,” her lawyer said.

“We hope that Mr Raymond (Usher) tests negative for herpes, and that this can all be cleared up quickly,” she added.

“We hope that he has not knowingly endangered his sex partners, fans who revered him and who were thrilled to receive his personal attention.”

DANIEL CRAIG BACK AS JAMES BOND IN 2019

He famously vowed he would rather slit his wrist than do another stint as James Bond.

But it seems Daniel Craig, 49, will Never Say Never Again after it has emerged he is reportedly in talks to sign up for not one, but two more 007 films.

A source told The Sun: ‘There was plenty of talk about who would be the next Bond but Barbara has managed to talk Daniel into two more films.’

Never Say Never Again! Daniel Craig, 49, is reportedly in talks for signing up for not just one - but two more 007 films, according to reportsDaniel Craig, 49, in his iconic picture from a scene in “Casino Royale” his first outing as James Bond

Producers are keen to seal the deal with the four-time 007 actor since they have allegedly set their sights on a November 2019 release date.

But it appears to be good news for the movie makers as they are said to be close to closing in on an agreement for the latest flick.

The insider added: ‘The script is nearly ready for the 25th film, provisionally titled Shatterhand and scheduled to be released in November 2019 so there is no time to waste on getting Daniel locked in.

‘But the deal is almost done and the idea of returning to On Her Majesty’s Secret Service for the 26th movie is really exciting.’

Position of power: Producers are keen to seal the deal with the four-time 007 actor since they have allegedly set their sights on a November 2019 release date

Position of power: Producers are keen to seal the deal with the four-time 007 actor since they have allegedly set their sights on a November 2019 release date
Revealed: Daniel famously vowed he would rather slit his wrist than do his fifth stint in the James Bond franchise

Revealed: Daniel famously vowed he would rather slit his wrist than do his fifth stint in the James Bond franchise

Writers are thought to be looking at reworking On Her Majesty’s Secret Service – which sees Bond married before his blushing wife is killed off – for Daniel’s final moment as the spy.

It would be big shoes to fill since George Lazenby slipped into the much coveted secret agent role for the original movie in 1969.

The claims emerge shortly after initial speculation that Daniel would be reprising his role as 007, according to The New York Times.   

 Citing two unnamed people ‘briefed on the matter,’ the publication reported  the British thespian’s return to the big screen in 2019 was a ‘done deal.’ 

The highly-anticipated action/adventure flick will be the 25th movie in a franchise that has thrilled generations of cinemagoers.

Eon Productions that oversees everything Bond and Metro-Goldwyn Mayer, which holds rights to the franchise, announced Monday that Bond would return to US cinemas on November 8, 2019 with an earlier release in Britain and worldwide.

Action man: The 49-year-old starred in four earlier iterations - including 2012's Skyfall - in which Craig starred to critical acclaim and box office success

Action man: The 49-year-old starred in four earlier iterations – including 2012’s Skyfall – in which Craig starred to critical acclaim and box office success

The film’s cast and director would be announced ‘at a later date,’ they said in a statement. On Tuesday, MGM declined to comment on the Times report.

Writers of the new movie will be Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, the same duo behind previous Bond films, including the four earlier iterations in which Craig starred to critical acclaim and box office success.

Craig’s return had been subject to furious speculation.

In 2015 he told Time Out magazine: ‘I’d rather break this glass and slash my wrists… We’re done. All I want to do is move on.’

Asked if he meant for good, he told the magazine: ‘For at least a year or two… If I did another Bond movie, it would only be for the money.’

Craig later distanced himself from those remarks, attributing them to being tired after a grueling shoot for 2015 Bond movie Spectre.

Potential replacements touted as the silver screen’s most iconic secret agent have been British actors Tom Hiddleston and Idris Elba.

Better luck next time: Potential replacements touted as the silver screen's most iconic secret agent have been British actor and Taylor Swift ex Tom Hiddleston (left) and Idris Elba

Better luck next time: Potential replacements touted as the silver screen’s most iconic secret agent have been British actor and Taylor Swift ex Tom Hiddleston (left) and Idris Elba
Better luck next time: Potential replacements touted as the silver screen's most iconic secret agent have been British actor and Taylor Swift ex Tom Hiddleston (left) and Idris Elba

The Mirror has also reported that producer Broccoli is determined to have superstar Adele back to sing the theme song for Bond 25.

The singer won an Oscar for her theme for Skyfall, Bond’s most profitable film to date with takings of £885 million.

Daniel Craig To Return As James Bond For The Fifth Time GettyImages 138864306Getty
It is true, Craig and Adele really are the dream team and so we can only hope that they do indeed make a return to the franchise together.

FORMER FBI DIRECTOR TO WRITE A BOOK ON LEADERSHIP AND PREVIOUSLY UNHEARD ANECDOTES FROM HIS LONG CAREER

Former FBI Director James Comey is writing a book on leadership, featuring “yet-unheard anecdotes from his long and distinguished career,” his publisher announced in a statement on Wednesday.

Flatiron Books says the volume will “explore what good, ethical leadership looks like and how it drives sound decisions.”

The news comes three months after President Donald Trump fired Comey, a dismissal that caused shockwaves in Washington and around the world. Comey has long drawn praise (and, more recently, criticism) from both sides of the aisle, serving as Deputy Attorney General under George W. Bush before becoming FBI director in the Obama Administration.

“From prosecuting the mafia and Martha Stewart to helping change Bush administration policies on torture and electronic surveillance to overseeing the Hillary Clinton e-mail investigation as well as ties between the Trump campaign and Russia,” Flatiron wrote in a release, “Comey has been involved in some of the most consequential cases and policies of recent history.”

The as-yet untitled book is slated for publication in Spring 2018.

This article originally appeared on Time.com