A man, believed to be aged in his late 40s, was found at a Peckham, South London bus stop at about 6.30 Saturday morning with multiple stab injuries and was rushed to a south London hospital.
He remains in critical condition, according to the Met.
A witness, a 37-year-old man from Peckham Rye, said: “I saw it on my way to work. I can’t believe this sort of thing is happening in broad daylight on a Saturday morning on a high street. It’s so shocking.
“It was at a bus stop and there were lots of people gathered around. It was quite early but there were still people going off to work. They looked really worried.
“The man was on the ground being treated, I think by police. There was already a police car there and another pulled up with its light on, parking on the pavement.
“He looked in a bad way. A few moments later I saw a ambulance car rushing up Peckham High Street.”
Cops confirmed the man was in a critical condition in hospital after suffering a number of stab wounds.
Another witness to the shocking morning attack said they say police and paramedics gathered around the person lying on the floor on their way to work.https://baronessj.com/vid-20180715-wa0019-1-mp4/
They told the Sun Online: “The scene was something out of the saw horror movie blood everywhere and loads of people trying CPR.
“They have placed blue and red tape and have blocked the road and surrounding areas
“It is touch and go at the moment.”
This morning in a separate case a 21-year-old man was charged with manslaughter after a girl, 17, was knifed to death in South London on Thursday.
At least 51 people have been fatally stabbed in London since the beginning of the year.
So far in 2018 there have been 1,296 stabbings in London up to the end of April, according to official statistics from the Met Police.
A man has been jailed for sexually assaulting a woman who rented a room from him online.
Francis Ezenwankwo – 34 (10.05.84) of Heston Street, SE14 was sentenced to six years’ imprisonment and a five year Sexual Harm Prevention Order (SHPO) on Friday, 22 June at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
He was found guilty of assault by penetration at the same court on Thursday, 22 June.
The court heard that on 5 August 2017 a woman visiting from another country rented a room at Ezenwankwo’s house via an online site, spareroom.co.uk. During the night the woman awoke to find Ezenwankwo in her bed.
Despite her protests, Ezenwankwo remained in her bed and sexually assaulted her.
The incident was reported to police and Ezenwankwo was arrested on 22 August 2017 – he was charged the same day.
The Sexual Harm Prevention Order prevents Ezenwankwo from offering any room for rent, reward or as a gift for five years.
Trainee Detective Constable Harriet Lyons, from the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command said:
“The victim has shown real strength in coming forward and reporting to police. I encourage anyone else who may have been a victim to come forward and contact the police.
“Ezenwankwo’s sentence and Sexual Harm Prevention Order demonstrates how seriously the police and the courts taken this type of offending. I hope that it will act as a deterrent to others.”
The most anticipated concert to celebrate the Afrojuju megastar and creator Sir Shina Peters, held last Sunday at the Greenwich IndigO2.
The capacity filling spectacle was attended by Nigerians and other Africans from all walks of the United Kingdom and none was left disappointed. It was four hours filled with pure musical delight with SSP dishing out and having his fans singing gleefully along to old floor-filler tunes and bangers from his Shinamania and ACE albums.
The star, who was this blogger’s first African star crush in the late 80s, looked quite HOT for a 60 year old, and did not disappoint as he delighted the highly appreciative crowd with his stylish outfits and electrifying boyish dance moves for which he was well known.
However, the great highlight of the evening for me, was when SSP laid fully prostrate on the floor to show his highly emotional appreciation for the massive turn out of fans of diverse ages and walks including UK events, entertainment and Nollywood industries; community leaders, students, entrepreneurs and even office workers who didn’t mind staying out late despite the fact that they had work the following morning.
The concert organised by DJA Media in collaboration with Cokobar was to celebrate the artiste’s 60th birthday and his 50 years as a performing artist.
The evening started with an hour long down-memory-lane video that had the star narrating the history of his own journey from being an 8 year old organist and choir director in his local C&S church to his meeting with Chief Ebenezer Obey after being kicked out of his home following his declaration to his parents that he no longer wanted to continue with his academic education, his journey with General Prince Adekunle and his partnership with Segun Adewale.
He also told of how a meeting with Fela set him on a path in discovering his own genre of music – AfroJuju. According to SSP, Fela advised him to make the music that best suits his own voice and one that not just Yorubas – but every Nigerian can listen to.
UK based Juju music star Feyisara skillfully and beautifully opened the concert with songs from his new album and got the crown well and truly warmed up for the main star of the show.
And then came Shina Peters on stage.
It’s been a very long time since I danced so hard and so obliviously in public
It was a great delightful way to end a wonderful weekend and a 4-hour very well spent.
A man has been taken to hospital after a stand-off with police lasting more than three hours as he threatened to jump off the roof of a multi-storey car park in Lewisham.
Met Police officers were called to a car park on Molesworth Street at around 5.30pm yesterday (June 18) to try and speak to the man on the roof.
Officers were forced to close off the main road while they tried to coax the man down and drivers were warned to take a different route.
A Scotland Yard spokesman confirmed to News Shopper that the man came down from the building of his own accord at 8.45pm.
The suicidal man is yet to be identified.
Seventeen year-old Kelvin Chibueze was stabbed to death in a gang-related attack in Ilford, east London.
Kelvin was chased from a private party at The Arteflex Club on the High Road at around 4am on Monday, 15 August 2011.
The teenager, from Croydon, was found with stab wounds to the chest in the car park next to Lidl and Fitness First.
Kelvin, known as Boss Don Gramz, died in hospital at 1pm.
The same day, Prime Minister David Cameron made a speech calling for a ‘concerted, all-out war on gangs and gang culture.’
Eight suspects were charged with murder beginning with Dale Williams, 19 [12/11/91], of Hart’s Lane, Barking, on August 24. The others were Lerone Boye, 24 [23/3/87], of Henley Road, Ilford, Roger Damali, 30 [30/05/81], of Macauley Road, East Ham, Joel Asare-Minta, 21 [02/08/90] of of Halbutt Street, Dagenham, Diphy Menga, 23 [19/06/88] of St Mary’s Road, Ilford, Ibrahim Zakari, 20 [30/10/91] of St Margaret’s, Barking, Kongolo Kongola, 29 [3/1/82] of Sewell Street, Plaistow, east London, and Hugo Nwankwo, 17 [14/11/94], of Park Avenue, East Ham.
The prosecution case was that several of the group were linked to the ‘Hart’s Lane Gang’ from Barking while the victim was associated with the rival ‘DAG’ gang from Dagenham. The same gangs had previously clashed in Beckton in February 2010, resulting in the death of Olukorede Fajinmi.
They went on trial at the Old Bailey on 5 September 2012. Jurors heard that tensions arose between the two rival groups ‘eyeballing’ each other at the party, possibly as a result of a petty squabble about a girl.
‘One group went into the rear garden to smoke a couple of times and whenever they returned things appear to get either tenser or the atmosphere a little more strained,’ said prosecutor Richard Whittam QC.
‘There was some recognition between some of the people present as to whether they knew them or the areas they came from.’
Jurors heard the victim suffered at least one stab wound in the club before being chased outside by men armed with knives, champagne and Hennessy bottles and a bar stool. He suffered a further five or six stab wounds after collapsing in Ilford Retail Park across the High Road.
A knife stained with the victim’s blood was found in Riches Road, not far from where Williams was stopped and arrested. CCTV evidence linked several of the suspects to the club and the car park. Detectives also claimed phone contact between the suspects in the minutes leading up to the attack inside the club suggested it was premeditated.
Half-way through the trial Kongola was cleared of murder and violent disorder on the judge’s direction due to lack of evidence.
On 22 November 2012 the jury convicted Boye, Williams, Damali and Nwankwo of murder and violent disorder. Zakari, who is deaf, was cleared of murder but convicted of violent disorder and jailed for two years.
Asare-Minta and Menga were both cleared of murder and violent disorder.
Boye, Williams, Damali and Nwankwo were all sentenced on December 20. Boye was jailed for at least 28 years before parole, Williams at least 26 years, Damali at least 23 years and Nwankwo at least 16 years.
Judge John Bevan QC said: “The veil of silence that has fallen over the main participants in this case speaks volumes as to the cowardice and moral bankruptcy of those on both sides of this argument.
“Carrying knives, at least three on each side, is a comparatively modern phenomenon, which is approaching an endemic state among feckless, aimless youths who think nothing of wielding and using of knives in the face of the slightest provocation or perceived insult.
“We are still none the wiser as to the cause, and whether of not it has to do with gang violence.
“Whether there was rivalry, whether there was loyalty, whether it was revenge for a previous incident, I don’t know.”
Detective Sergeant Mark Romain of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command said: “Kelvin Chibueze was ruthlessly attacked, chased and left to die in the early hours of 15 August. The violence used brutally ended a young man’s life and showed scant regard for the safety of others in this busy venue.
“I would like to thank everyone who came forward to assist with this investigation and helped convict these violent thugs.”
On 16 October 2013, Boye absconded from a mental health unit, the John Howard Centre in Homerton, east London.
Detectives offered a £15,000 reward for information and issued a description. Boye was captured in a pre-planned operation in Chigwell on 21 January 2014. He was found hiding under a bed and told officers it was the ‘best three months of my life’.