Advertisements

Category: LONDON DIGEST

Former Model And Accomplice Charged With Murder of Harry Uzoka

Twenty-four-year-old model George Koh and his friend, Jonathan Okigbo, have been charged with the killing of Harry Uzoka, an up-and-coming star in the fashion world who was found dead of a single knife wound in west London on Thursday night.

The two men were arrested this weekend, and charged on Tuesday. Koh was also charged with possessing an offensive weapon. A 27-year-old man who was arrested on the day of the stabbing has been released under investigation.

harryuzoka

Uzoka, 25, was represented by Premier Model Management, and modeled for Dior, Everlane, and Mercedes, among others. One industry source who worked with Uzoka told the The Guardian he was a “wonderful model but, even more so, a good person and a pleasure to work with.”

Shortly after his death, model Jourdan Dunn tweeted “Rest in Paradise Young King.”

Koh’s fashion career was also on the rise. He modeled for brands like Kenzo and Paul Smith, and amassed over 12,000 followers on Instagram. He was previously represented by IMG models, but his page on their site is no longer active, and a company representative reportedly told the Daily Mail that Koh had not been on their books since March 2017.

uzoka and koh

It remains unclear what led to the attack on Uzoka.

The killing brings the number of murders in London in the first two weeks of 2018 to five. Two of them are of Nigerian descent.

Police have confirmed four of the victims were stabbed to death

Advertisements

Woman On Way To Work Killed As Car Crashes Into Her While Waiting At Bus Stop

A woman has died after a car crashed into the bus stop she was waiting at in Twickenham on Thursday (January 4).

Police were called to the nearby Sandycoombe Road at 7.55pm to reports of an Audi crashing into a pedestrian.

The pedestrian, a woman in her 40s, was taken by London Ambulance Service to a central London hospital.

A spokesman for the Met Police said: “She suffered critical injuries and sadly died in hospital on the afternoon of Saturday, January 6.

twicktwicketwickenh

“Her next of kin are aware.

“The driver of the vehicle involved, an Audi Quattro, stopped at the scene and was taken to hospital for treatment for injuries that are not life threatening.

“There has been no arrest at this time. Enquiries continue.”

Anyone who saw the crash should contact the Met’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 02085435157 or via Twitter @MetCC.

Police Release Identity And Image of Youth Murdered On New Year’s Eve In Newham

Detectives investigating the murder of a young man in Newham on New Years Eve have today released an image of him and are renewing their appeals for information.

His name has been given as Taofeek Lamidi.

He was 20 years old.

This evening, Sunday 7 January, officers will revisit the scene, appeal to the public and speak to residents as part of the ongoing appeal for information.

DCI Cranwell said: “Taofeek was repeatedly stabbed, and was found lying in the street suffering horrific injuries from which he did not recover. Violent incidents such as this have no place on London’s streets, and we are urgently following up a number of lines of enquiry to trace those involved and responsible.

“We know that the victim was with a number of people at the time of the attack, and I urgently need to trace this group of young men.

“Memorial Avenue is a busy residential area close to West Ham station. I know that there were people in the area who witnessed the incident, and I need them to come forward. Any information provided will be treated with the strictest confidence.”

Police were called by London Ambulance Service at 19.37hrs on Sunday, 31 December, to Memorial Avenue, West Ham E15 to a report of a male stabbed.

 

The former Eastlea Community School pupil suffered fatal stab wounds in Memorial Avenue two days before his 21st birthday, in one of four fatal unrelated attacks across London over the New Year.

 

image.jpg
20 year old New Year’s eve stabbing victim Taofeek Lamidi

Despite efforts by both officers and London Ambulance Service paramedics at the scene to resuscitate the victim, he was pronounced dead at the scene at 20:22hrs. .

A post-mortem examination held at East Ham Mortuary on Tuesday, 2 January gave cause of death as a stab wound to the heart.

The Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command is investigating, and continue to appeal for information about the fatal stabbing, and for witnesses to come forward.

There has been no arrest at this stage, and enquiries continue.

Anyone with information that may assist police is asked to call the incident room on 020 8721 4054 or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Police Renew Appeal For Mother Of Newborn Baby Boy Abandoned At Plaistow

Police who are appealing for information after a baby was found abandoned in Plaistow have released new images and footage of him in a bid to trace his mother.

It is now more than three months since the baby boy – named Harry by the medical staff who initially cared for him – was found in a park area close to Balaam Street, E13.

At about 08:20hrs on Sunday, 17 September officers and the London Ambulance Service were called to the scene to reports of a baby found abandoned.

Harry was found carefully wrapped in a white blanket and was taken to an east London hospital – he is now being cared for by the local authority.

Baby Harry still 2K507-17baby

Detectives from the Met’s Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command are investigating and enquiries are continuing to identify Harry’s mother and ensure she is safe and well.

In a renewed appeal, officers have released new photos and footage of Harry, taken when he was about one month old.

Detective Inspector Debbie McCormack, who leads the investigation, said: “It has now been three months since Harry was found. In that time we have been in constant contact with hospitals throughout London to see if Harry’s mother has sought medical attention but we have yet to identify her. We are growing increasingly concerned for her welfare.

“I would reiterate our appeal to Harry’s mum – please come forward and let us know you are safe and if you need care and support, we can help you access this.

“As you can see from the images, little Harry is doing well but we would urge anyone else with information, or who saw anything out of the ordinary in the Balaam Street area on that morning, to please come forward.”

Anyone who can help is asked to call police on 020 8217 6538 or via 101 or Tweet @MetCC.

Liberians Vote Former Chelsea Player As President

Former soccer star George Weah has been declared winner of Liberia’s presidential runoff vote held on December 26.

According to the National Elections Commission (NEC) Weah, 51, had garnered 61% of valid votes cast from 98.1% of votes tallied. He is officially president elect and will take over from Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.

The elections body, NEC, in its only presser held late Wednesday said it will release provisional results of the presidential runoff today.

This is amidst tonnes of congratulatory messages “affirming” victory for George Weah. Reports also indicate that the camp of vice-president Boakai are also making similar claims.

Weah

“The National Elections Commission (NEC) says it will on Thursday December 28 begin the announcement of provisional results of the 2017 presidential runoff.

“The runoff was held on Tuesday December 26 between VP Joseph Boakai of the UP and Senator George Weah of the CDC. Tallying of votes started on, Tuesday across the country” the NEC statement added.

Meanwhile, the United Nations chief has deployed former Nigerian leader Olusegun Obasanjo to help Liberia in the transition process.

Polls closed yesterday in Africa’s final presidential poll for 2017 as Liberians voted in a runoff to elect a successor to President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.

Counting of the votes across the country continued immediately after close of poll.

CHESLSEA'S WEAH EVADES ARMSTRONG OF TOTTENHAM.
The new President player for Chelsea football Club

 

The former Chelsea player faced Vice-President Joseph Boakai in the poll that was held up for several weeks by a court challenge filed by Charles Brumskine, the third place candidate in the first round.

Weah, 51, has a lot of support among the youth, and has called for change and the poor living in areas in the capital Monrovia.

He won the first round but failed to secure the 50%+ needed hence the runoff.

Sirleaf beat Weah in a 2006 runoff to emerge president and has been in charge for the last 12 years. This will be the country’s first democratic transition in its scarred history. It clearly is a case of Weah’s celebrity status and political maturity over the years against the technocratic and presidential experience of his opponent Boakai.

London: Several Injured As Red Bus Crashes Into Parked cars And Pedestrians In The West End

Several people were injured as a double-decker bus crashed into several cars on a busy street in the West End, the Evening Standard reports.

Paramedics were scrambled to Haymarket near Piccadilly Circus station shortly after midday on Wednesday.

Dramatic pictures from the scene show a Number 3 bus, which was heading towards Crystal Palace, with its windscreen completely shattered.

Others show a taxi that appeared to be involved in the pile-up on the pavement with its front bumper hanging off.

Haymarket crash: A double-decker bus was involved in the pile up in the West End (London Ambulance Service)

A London Ambulance Service (LAS) spokesman said seven patients were treated at the scene.

He added that three of them – two women and one man – were taken to hospital after suffering minor injuries.

On its response units’ Twitter page, LAS staff thanked baristas from the nearby Caffe Concerto who handed out hot drinks following the incident.

Crash: Emergency services rushed to the scene on Wednesday afternoon (London Ambulance Service)

No one from the café was available for comment.

In statement, LAS said: “We were called at 12.10pm to Haymarket, Westminster to reports of a road traffic collision.

“We sent two ambulance crews, a cycle responder, two single responders in cars and an incident response officer to the scene.

“We assessed seven patients at the scene and took three of them to hospital with minor injuries – two women and one man.”

Police were also called to the crash. The Standard has approached the Met Police for comment.

Deptford Sex Offender And His Daughter Had Limbs Chopped Off After Being Strangled In His Flat.

A child sex offender was strangled and dismembered in his Deptford flat.

Noel Brown, 69, was found dead alongside his daughter Marie Brown, 41, in his flat on New Butt Lane in the early hours of December 4.

Police believe Mr Brown may have been killed late at night on November 30, and that his daughter interrupted his killer dismembering her dad’s body two days later and strangled her too.

“Parts of both his arms and a part of one of his legs have been removed from the scene and those have not been recovered,” he said.

“In my 27 years of policing, I have not seen anything quite like this.”

Detectives are keeping an open mind over the motive, but are investigating whether Mr Brown’s murder was linked to his 1999 conviction for a child sex offence.

News Shopper: Noel Brown and Marie Brown

Ms Brown leaves behind two daughters and her family have said they are still in “shock and disbelief” that anyone would attack her.

In a statement by her family, it said “no one should ever have to feel this pain”.

It read: “As a family we are struggling to put together an appeal because we are still in shock and disbelief.

“Marie was the peacemaker and we cannot understand why this would happen to her.

“Marie was everything and we miss her so much, we are hurting and this is painful and we don’t want this to happen to someone else.

“Marie was a calm peaceful person, slow to anger and quick to forgive, she never got caught up in any sort of fight and avoided feuds with anyone because she didn’t want to be a part of anyone’s upset.

“To know Marie would be to know how much she loved. Her life was her kids and how much she loved them and would do anything for them.”

New CCTV footage released shows a suspect walking towards New Butt Lane on December 2.

News Shopper: CCTV footage of a suspect police would like to identify

The footage shows a man in a dark hooded top walking along Deptford Broadway and Reginald Road around 5am on December 2.

Inspector Harding said: “It is extremely important that we find out who this man with the rucksack is as he is now of very significant interest to our investigation.

READ MORE: Man found strangled and dismembered alongside his daughter in his Deptford home was a convicted sex offender

“We really need the public’s help with this case so that we can bring to account whoever is responsible for this appalling double murder that has left Noel’s family deeply upset and Marie’s two daughters motherless, and the wider family utterly bereft.”

Anyone with any information is asked to contact the investigation team on the dedicated incident room number – 020 8721 4205, or via 101. You can also tweet police @MetCC. To remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

 

READ MORE: ‘There’s a double murderer walking among us’: Fear grips Deptford estate after dad and daughter killed

Interesting news, stories and articles from all over the world
%d bloggers like this: