Category: DIASPORA NEWS

UK: NIGERIAN CARER SENTENCED TO 21 YEARS IN JAIL FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER OF 91 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER

A woman who attempted to murder a 90-year-old grandmother has been sentenced to 21 years in prison.

Abosede Adeyinka, 52 a carer, of Hayman Crescent, Hayes, was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on Thursday, 2 November.

She had been found guilty of attempted murder following a trial on Wednesday, 1 November although she was found not guilty of a lesser second charge of possession of a bladed article.

The conviction follows the brutal attack of the elderly woman in her own home.

At about 20:20hrs on Thursday, 27 April police were called to reports of an elderly woman assaulted at an address in Lilac Place, West Drayton.

Officers attended and a 90-year-old woman was found with serious head injuries and a knife wound to her neck.

The victim was taken to hospital and was found to have sustained a skull fracture and a serious wound to her neck.

Thankfully she has since recovered from most of the physical effects of the attack.

Detectives from Hillingdon CID launched an investigation into the incident.

Their investigation uncovered how Adeyinka had managed to build a relationship with the victim over a period of time, after she previously provided private care at the address.

Adeyinka continued to visit the victim, occasionally even after her work at the address had finished, and was familiar with her weekly routine.

At about 19:30hrs on the evening of the assault, Adeyinka went to the elderly victim’s home.

Adeyinka knocked on the door and when she got no reply went to the key safe for the house.

However the victim was at home, having been recently dropped off by her son who had taken her shopping.

Because of her age she had not got to the door to answer the knock, but then opened it just as Adeyinka approached it.

Adeyinka had disguised herself with a face covering but the victim was still able to recognise her.

She asked Adeyinka what she wanted, but Adeyinka pushed her to the floor and entered the property.

She then pulled a medical call alert from the victim’s neck.

Adeyinka then took a hammer from her handbag and struck the victim at least twice over the head.

During the incident the victim also received a knife injury to the neck with the blade being lodged there.

With incredible courage the victim managed to pull the knife out of her neck and throw it back towards her attacker.

Thinking quickly, the victim told Adeyinka that her son was on his way and Adeyinka left the property.

The motive for her visiting the address was believed to be in order to steal property.

On Friday, 28 April Adeyinka was arrested by detectives on suspicion of attempted murder.

A coat recovered at Adeyinka’s home was found to have traces of the victim’s blood, as was a handbag Adeyinka had with her at the time of her arrest.

She was charged on Saturday, 29 April.

DC James Harbour, the investigating officer from Hillingdon CID, said: “This was a vile and disgusting crime on a defenceless grandmother in her own home. There are so many factors that make this a wicked attack, including a victim who was 90 and the level of violence used. In view of the age of the victim and brutality of the attack I am truly thankful that the victim has been able to recover.

“It is a credit to her that she was able to attend the trial in person and tell the court what had happened to her. I wish to pay tribute to her courage, resolve and integrity; a stark contrast to the behaviour of the defendant, who is now facing a lengthy term in prison.”

Advertisements

NIGERIAN MAN STABBED IN PARK ROYAL IDENTIFIED

The 29 year-old Nigerian found  stabbed to death last in his Park Royal apartment last week has been identified.

The victim has been named as Mayowa Ogunbayo a London based promoter.

Police are still trying to establish the full circumstances if how he died after a post mortem examination gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the heart.

Mayowa-Ogunbayonintchdbpict000362453425

According to Scotland yard a 21 year old woman living with the victim at the £550,000 property in West London had been arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder in the early hours of Friday  but has since been released on bail.

Screenshot_20171025-162400.jpg

Ogunbayo also known as Johnny John is said to have proposed to his girlfriend last May and they both lived in Royal Waterside near Hanger Lane, London.

Mr Ogunbayo who is said to have been a friend of footballer Mario Balotelli, grew up in Osogbo, Nigeria before moving to London with his mother and three sisters.

59f0785b8db44_balotellitwin

He set up his own entertainment company after working for five star hotels across central London while studying at University of Kent.

He reportedly led a luxurious lifestyle and often moved in company of music stars such as Wizkid and footballers such as Obafemi Martins.

According to his friends he was a young icon for Nigerians and was so hardworking.

“His death”, according to a friend Oyedokun Mosh, “is a great loss to the entertainment industry.  He was so humble.  Even though he hit successful he always kept his feet on the ground ”

The Met said his death is being treated as unexplained.

Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111

Read also: https://baronessj.com/nigerian-male-29-allegedly-killed-by-girlfriend-in-west-london-stabbing/

NIGERIAN SCIENTIST WHO MAKES DRONES FOR THE US ARMY BAGS 7TH MASTERS DEGREE

Dr Osato Osemwengie, the Nigerian man who makes drones for the United States army – was in Garland, Texas yesterday, June 23rd, 2017 for his 7th master degree graduation.

Dr. Osemwengie was joined for the graduation ceremony by his family as he revealed he has set his focus on his 4th PhD due to begin September 7th, 2017.

So far, Dr Osemwengie has bagged himself seven Masters degree and three PhD degrees

DrOsemwengie; Nigerian man who makes drones for US army

Dr. Osemwengie has been an integral member of the American armed forces, building drones for the United States Army. These drones are used for surveillance to gather important information, as well as take out terrorist camps.

 

NIGERIAN MALE, 29 ALLEGEDLY KILLED BY GIRLFRIEND IN WEST LONDON STABBING

Police were called to an address on Lakeside Drive, near Hanger Lane station, at 2am on Friday (October 20) where they found a 29 year old man with stab injuries.

The London ambulance service worked to save the man’s life but he was pronounced dead shortly before 3am.

The man was identified by neighbours as a Nigerian named “Johnny” but police are yet to formally identify him.

Meanwhile, the victim’s next of kin are being informed and  post-mortem examination results are being awaited

A 21 year old woman, reported to be the man’s girlfriend who was at the scene of the stabbing, has been arrested on suspicion of murder and taken to a police station.

The man’s death is currently being treated as unexplained.

Officers from Brent CID and detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating the stabbing and enquiries are ongoing.

Anyone with information concerning this incident is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

FA APOLOGISES TO ENIOLA ALUKO FOR MANAGER’S UNACCEPTABLE AND RACIALLY PREJUDICED JOKES

The English Football Association has been forced to issue a humiliating apology to Nigerian born female player Eniola Aluko for ill judged attempts at joking.

The FA admitted and accepted that jokes made by the team’s manager Mark Sampson were unacceptable and racially prejudiced.

The England striker was speaking before a Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) select committee about events that led to the sacking last month of  Sampson as manager of the women’s national team.

Earlier in the year Aluko had alleged that in 2014 Sampson had asked her to make sure her Nigerian relatives didn’t bring the ebola virus to the friendly against Germany at Wembley. It was also claimed that Sampson had also made derogatory comments about another mixed-race player, Drew Spence, during his tenure as England women’s boss.

The Daily Telegraph reported that Sampson was sacked last month following unrelated revelations about inappropriate relations during his time in charge of the Bristol City women’s team, but yesterday’s hearing focused on the claims of racism.

MARK SAMPSON
Mark Sampson – Unacceptable and racially prejudiced behaviour

Independent barrister Katharine Newton concluded in her report that Sampson – who had been exonerated on two previous occasions about the allegations – was not racist, but that his attempts at humour towards the two players were “ill-judged”.

Commenting on the findings Aluko said she felt “vindicated and relieved”, adding: “Although I’m grateful to be here, does it have to come to this? There’s been an agenda to protect Mark Sampson, and an agenda to protect the FA’s reputation.”

Aluko, who also alleged that England goalkeeping coach Lee Kendall had addressed her at one time in a fake Caribbean accent, revealed that she had been awarded an £80,000 settlement by the FA.

However, part of this payment would be made only if she released a statement in which she cleared the FA of being “institutionally racist”.

She explained: “Martin Glenn said if I wrote a statement he would release the second tranche of the money. I felt that was bordering on blackmail. I categorically refused to write it. It’s not for me to come up with that determination. I would never say the FA are institutionally racist.

“My comments were based on comments to me and Drew Spence and how they handled that. For Martin Glenn to say I should say that in order to get a payment I was contractually agreed to is appalling.”

FA chief executive Glenn has “sincerely apologised” to Aluko and Spence for the remarks made by Sampson and in a statement the organisation said: “Based on new evidence submitted to independent barrister Katharine Newton, she has now found that they were both subject to discriminatory remarks made by an FA employee. This is not acceptable.”

Neither Glenn nor FA chairman Greg Clarke believed there was a case for them to resign, even though one MP, Jo Stevens, described their governance as “shambolic”.

Instead, said Clarke, they would ensure there was no repeat of the scandal. “There were systemic, historic failings which contributed to this mess,” he admitted. “When I took the job, there was one other decent applicant. It’s career death. I’m willing to risk my reputation to make it better. If it doesn’t get better, it’s my fault.”

HOW THE STORY HAS EVOLVED

August 6: Sportsmail reveals that the Football Association paid hush money to Eni Aluko to keep quiet over an investigation into her claims of racism and bullying against Mark Sampson.

August 8: Aluko speaks out and says she was silenced after making her claims.

August 18: Sampson says he needs to communicate better after FA release summery of report into Aluko’s allegations.

August 21: Aluko claims Sampson once told her to make sure her Nigerian relatives did not bring Ebola to a match at Wembley.

August 23: Lianne Sanderson accuses Sampson and the FA of creating a culture of fear by axing players who dare to raise issues.

August 25: England boss Gareth Southgate gives his backing to Sampson.

August 25: Drew Spence is revealed as the player involved in Aluko’s allegations about a comment made at the 2015 China Cup.

August 30: Aluko says she is ’embarrassed and ashamed to be a participant of women’s football in this country’ after accusing FA of endorsing racism.

September 5: Sampson rejects Aluko’s allegations in his first TV interview since the claims were revealed by Sportsmail.

September 8: England midfielder Katie Chapman claims she was dropped after telling Sampson about her divorce.

September 11: FA officials will face grilling by MPs over the situation, it is announced.

September 14: It emerges that the FA could re-open their investigation after Spence writes to officials, corroborating Aluko’s claim.

September 16: It is revealed that Alex Scott was not interviewed during investigation into the allegations.

September 20: Sampson leaves his role.

October 18FA apologise to Aluko and Spence.

SOUTH EAST LONDON: PAEDOPHILE JAILED FOR RAPING 13 YEAR OLD GIRL ON WAY HOME FROM SCHOOL

A South London peadophile rapist who lured a schoolgirl back to his flat and sexually attacked her has been jailed for 8 years.

Fortune Aragua, 25 was caught after the victim’s mother performed a citizen’s arrest on the paedophile who raped her 13-year-old daughter.

The south Londoner approached his victim while she was playing with a friend after school on 10 February this year. The girls, still in their uniforms, were on the way to the shops when Aragua approached and started chatting.

When the friend left, Aragua persuaded the girl, who told him she was only 13, to head back to his Stockwell flat.

mursell-estate-stockwell.jpg
Aragua lured the 13 year old victim to his flat in Stockwell

He started kissing her but then his landlady suddenly returned so he locked the child inside his room and waited for the homeowner to leave.

Once the coast was clear, he sexually assaulted the girl, who was pleading with him to stop, and then raped her. She left shortly after the attack, according to a statement from the Metropolitan Police.

But the girl told her mother as soon as she got home who, without a second thought, marched straight up to Aragua’s front door and made a citizen’s arrest on him before calling the police.

The attacker denied raping and sexually assaulting the child, saying he found her on the street looking unwell, offered her assistance then headed home without her.

But the Met’s forensics team discovered her DNA on his boxer shorts. This evidence helped convict him of rape, attempted rape and the sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl, at a trial earlier in the year.

Aragua – who also uses the name Izevbigie Sylvester – received an eight year prison sentence and will have to sign onto the Sex Offenders Register for life.

DC Gregg Nicol, the investigating officer from the Met’s Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command, said: “I am pleased with this sentence which reflects the seriousness of Aragua’s crimes.

“Aragua is a dangerous sexual predator who targeted and took advantage of a vulnerable young girl for his own satisfaction,” DC Gregg Nicol, a Met child abuse investigator, said.

“I would like to praise the victim for her bravery and courage in reporting this heinous crime to the police and for giving evidence at court which ensured Aragua was brought to justice. I hope this sentence will give her some measure of comfort and closure.”

 


 

Watch Bola Austen Peters and Ayo Makun feature on CNN marketplace:

RICHARD OBAHOR CHANGING THE NARRATIVE AT “WHO WANTS TO BE AN ENTREPRENEUR” SEMINAR

The highly anticipated “Who wants to be an Entrepreneur” event held on Saturday 14th October at the prestigious Bulgari Hotel in Knightsbridge, London and has since been the talk of town.

The seminar was  attended by around 100 guests made up of both budding and established Entrepreneurs.

Organised by serial entrepreneur Dr Richard Obahor, the event attracted an impressive  line up of high profile speakers, including:

Emma Jones MBE of Enterprise Nation appointed by UK PM as a Business Ambassador. Emma is also a regular feature on the Clive Bull LBC radio show, where she answers questions on entrepreneurship.

American serial entrepreneur Paul Oberschneider, who gave the keynote speech. Oberschneider is the American tycoon who built a $200 million dollar fortune from hotels and other interests. Paul boasts of a wealth of unique insights which he happily shared with the insatiable audience.

Udo Maryanne Okonjo, CEO of Fine & Country West Africa lit up the room and turned up the heat by challenging the audience who could not get enough to dream big, think Big and never ever give up.

Also speaking at the event were:

Marian Mola who has an incredible story about her life struggles and overcoming them.
Sheun David Onamusi, the brains behind Still Dapper, Solemate and the first TM Lewin franchisee in Abuja.

Wale Oladunjoye a successful speaker on leadership and lifestyle.

Ire Hassan-Odukale, the 31 year old behind the Ikoyi Restaurant in the heart of London.

Keye Oduneye of the bespoke suit brand Keye of London.

ObahorRi
Dr Obahor (middle) with some of the speakers at the seminar
OBAHORR
A cross section of guests at the seminar

The host Dr Obahor is a successful entrepreneur and property developer with interests both in the UK and in Nigeria. He shared his vision of creating the “Who Wants To be An Entrepreneur” platform as a ladder to hold up for others especially millennials to climb up.

RICHARD
Dr Richard Obahor – Host, “Who Wants To Be An Entrepreneur”

Richard said Popular opinion is that people strive to get to the top, and upon arrival they remove the ladder thus denying access to those coming up behind them. They do this because they would rather enjoy the adulation of being the only successful individual in their clan, and we start to hear things like he/she is the only ‘black person’ to have ever achieved a certain status.

“We, however”, Richard added, “seek to change this narrative, and this has been the core objective in putting together the “Who wants to be an Entrepreneur” event. Rather than remove the ladder we seek to strengthen it so that as many people who want to, can gain access with as much support as possible”.

Richard gave a hint that the “Who wants to be an Entrepreneur” event would hold again in 2018.

 

*Pictures supplied by Dr Richard Obahor


Sponsored ads

RSS REMO

IMG-20171006-WA0002