Day: November 2, 2018

Police Launch Murder Investigation Following Fatal Stabbing Of Teenager In South East London

A murder investigation has been launched in Wandsworth following the fatal stabbing of a teenager.

Police were called at approximately 16:35hrs on Friday, 2 November to reports of a stabbing outside Clapham South Tube Station.

Officers and London Ambulance Service attended.

A 17-year-old male was found suffering from a stab wound. He was taken to a south London hospital where he died a short while later.

Police are in the process of informing his next of kin.

Formal identification has not yet taken place. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.

Officers remain on scene. A crime scene is in place.

No arrests have been made. Enquiries are ongoing.

Road closures are in place and Clapham South Station has been closed.

Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting CAD 5291/02 Nov. To remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

You can also tweet police via @MetCC

Man Stabbed To Death On Halloween Night Was Jailed For Vicious Attack Which Left An England Youth Footballer With Permanent Brain Damage

A man who was stabbed to death on Halloween, was jailed for three years in 2008 after viciously attacking Arsenal and England youth footballer Sam Kanu, 24, who had challenged him for shoplifting bottles of wine at a London Bridge Costcutter. 

In what police called a race related attack, Mr Kanu suffered a shattered skull and damaged kidneys and liver in the attack which left him in a wheelchair with permanent brain damage following the vicious attack by Rocky Djelal, 38.

Djelal collapsed and died from fatal knife wounds next to a children’s playground after being stabbed near the entrance of Southwark Park in Rotherhithe just before 2pm Wednesday.

RockyDjelal0

Witnesses said a fight broke out in the park next to the play area before a man was heard screaming “in agony.” Ambulance crews called to the park tried to save him but he died at the scene.

Reports say Djelal had recently been released from jail in connection with the murder of an innocent father.

The killing marks at least the 115th murder investigation launched in the capital this year.

Djelal, who lived locally, had recently been released following a six-year jail sentence for conspiracy to cause GBH after the murder of Christopher Foster in Southwark in 2013.

fosterFather-of-one, Mr Foster, 34, was knifed to death outside St Christopher’s Inn in Borough High Street in November 2013, in a mistaken identity killing.

 

Djelal had a murder charge against him dropped mid-trial after he and two others agreed to admit conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm instead of murder.

His co accused Aytach Lisani, 33, admitted murder and was jailed for life.

kanu-9559691.jpg

Mr Kanu suffered a shattered skull and damaged kidneys and liver in the attack which left him in a wheelchair with permanent brain damage. 

Last night a cousin of Mr Djelal claimed Djelal had been “turning his life around” .

A friend said: “I saw Rocky three days ago and he was fine but he had just got out of jail. I don’t think he was working, he used to be a labourer.

“He’s got kids, and I wonder if he was in the park with them when he was stabbed. They’re going to grow up without a dad now. I’m still in shock.”

One person who knew Mr Djelal said he may have been targeted in a revenge attack following an altercation last week.

Another added: “I know he was banged up for a while because you never saw him around here until recently.

His father is devastated and very angry. It doesn’t matter what Rocky had done in the past, no one deserves this.”

Scotland Yard said homicide detectives were investigating the full circumstances of the attack and appealed for witnesses to contact them.

2 London Teens Jailed For Stabbing Another Teenager Waking Home From School In May

Two teenagers have been jailed at Woolwich Crown Court after robbing and stabbing a 14-year-old schoolboy in Lewisham.

The perpetrators, who were aged 17 and 15, attacked the victim while he was walking home from school on 8 May.

The victim was with two friends in Longbridge Way, Lewisham at around 6.00pm when he was approached by the teenagers.

They demanded he hand over his possessions. When the victim refused to obey, the 17-year-old boy punched him in the head, while the other stabbed him on the leg twice, and took his possessions including his phone.

The 14-year-old was later found to have a damaged sciatic nerve caused by the stabbings.

London Fire Brigade watch manager Craig Fenner witnessed the attack as it took place across the road from Lewisham Fire Station.

He rushed over and administered first aid, assisted by other members of the crew, using his own shirt to stem the flow of blood before the victim was taken to hospital.

Officers from Greenwich began an investigation and were able to identify the attackers, who were arrested on 15 May.

During a search of the 17-year-old’s address, the victim’s mobile phone was recovered. The pair were then charged.

Gary Sanders, a police officer of the South East Borough Command Unit, said: “If it wasn’t for the quick thinking and decisive actions of the London Fire Brigade Watch Manager and the crew at Lewisham Fire Station this attack could have had fatal consequences.

“As well as saving this young man’s life, they were also able to provide constructive evidence which enabled us to progress this investigation quickly.

“The suspects’ casual use of violence to intimidate their victim was shocking and I am pleased these two dangerous individuals have been convicted and now must face the consequences of their actions.”

On 13 July at Bromley Youth Court the 15-year-old suspect was found guilty of gravies bodily harm, robbery and possession of a bladed article; the 17-year-old was found guilty of robbery.

Both were sentenced on Monday, 29 October.

The 15-year-old was sentenced to four years in a Young Offender Institution.

The 17-year-old was given an 18-month detention and training order.

Meanwhile,

Police are investigating after a teenager was fatally stabbed in south London on Thursday 1 November.

Police were called at approximately 17:22hrs to reports of a stabbing on Randlesdown road, Bellingham SE6.

Officers attended along with colleagues from the London Ambulance Service.

A male, believed to be aged 15, was found with stab wounds. He was taken to a south London hospital.

Sadly despite the efforts of medical professionals he was pronounced dead at 20:15hrs.

His next of kin are aware.

Officers from the Homicide and Major Crime Command have been informed.

At this early stage officers are working to establish the circumstances.

No arrests have been made.

A crime scene remains in place.

Anyone with information that may assist the investigation is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 5890/1 Nov.