Day: March 19, 2018

4 Teenagers Found Guilty Of Fatal Stabbing Of Another Youth In Wandsworth

Four teenagers have been found guilty of the murder of 17-year-old Mahamed Hassan, who was fatally stabbed in Wandsworth in April 2017.

Tyriq Aboagye, 18 (06.04.99) of Westbury Road, Ilford was found guilty of murder, violent disorder, and perverting the course of justice.

Donald Goate-Oueyeya, 18 (15.3.2000) of Stockwell Road, Lambeth was found guilty of murder. He pleaded guilty to violent disorder at an earlier hearing.

Kishon Allen, 19 (28.10.98) of Mount Road, Mitcham was found guilty of murder, and violent disorder.

A 17-year-old boy [F] from Tooting was found guilty of murder. He pleaded guilty to violent disorder at an earlier hearing.

They were convicted at the Old Bailey on Thursday, 15 March, following a trial which started on 8 January 2018. They are all due to be sentenced at the same court on Wednesday, 28 March.

The jury heard how police and the London Ambulance Service were called to Sullivan Close, SW11 at 01:25hrs on Sunday, 23 April to reports of a male stabbed.

Mahamed was found wounded at the scene. He was taken to a south London hospital where he was pronounced dead at 02:50hrs.

A post-mortem examination that took place on Tuesday, 25 April at St Georges Hospital Mortuary gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the abdomen.

The case was investigated by detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, led by Detective Chief Inspector Graeme Gwyn.

Enquiries established that Mahamed Hassan was chased up Meyrick Road on the night of the murder and stabbed outside Scholey House in Sullivan Close.

As a result of the investigation the four males were arrested and charged.

Detective Inspector Domenica Catino of the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command said: “Today’s verdicts will not bring back Mahamed – a young man who should have had a long life ahead of him has been taken from his family. I hope that today’s verdicts bring a measure of comfort to Mahamed’s family and loved ones.”

+ A 19-year-old man [A] and [B] an 18-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder as part of the investigation were later released with no further action to be taken.

+ An 18-year-old man charged with murder is due to stand trial, on a date to be confirmed.

 

14 Year Old South London Youth Charged With Knife Stabbing Murder

A 14-year-old boy has been charged with the murder of a young man who died in a knife attack outside a children’s nursery.

The teenager, who cannot be named for or identified legal reasons, is the second person to be charged after Tyrone Farquharson, 19, was charged on Wednesday (March 7) with murder and possession of an offensive weapon.

Kelva_Smith.jpg
Stab victim Kelva SMith

Kelva Smith was found collapsed in a south London street with multiple stab wounds at around 5pm on Monday.

Police officers and paramedics battled to save the 20-year-old, who had been walking with his cousin, but he was pronounced dead at the scene in Albert Road, South Norwood.

Scotland Yard said a 14-year-old boy has been charged with murder, possession of an offensive weapon and attempted wounding.

Police and forensic officers at the scene in South Norwood (Nigel Howard)

He will appear at Croydon Magistrates’ Court on Monday.

Farquharson of Archer Road, South Norwood, had also appeared in court charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon.

A third youth, 15-year-old boy, was arrested and bailed.

Mr Smith is the 12th victim under the age of 25 to be murdered in the capital in 2018.

TV Presenter Ant McPartlin Arrested After Drink Driving Crash

TV star Ant McPartlin, who is one half of presenting duo Ant and Dec has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving after a crash in south west London.

The 49 year old TV host is reported to have lost control of his black mini on a roundabout and crashed head-on into a green Mini containing a couple and their young child.

His car, with a distinctive double red stripe, is also said to have hit a maroon BMW and ended up on the opposite side of the road, the Mirror reported .

He also reportedly failed a police breathalyser test and was taken into custody.

His mum Christine and Labrador Hurley were in the car with him, and all three were said to be unhurt.

The child in the green Mini was taken to hospital and the girl’s mum appeared to have minor injuries, a witness said.

Amy Cassie, 23, who helped Ant’s mum get the dog out of the car, said: “Ant seemed furious after crashing the car.”

She continued: “The police took him to the back of the police car to remove him from the situation.

“The couple in the green Mini were really shaken up and their child, who was a girl, could only have been about three years old.

“Ant and his mum didn’t seem to have any injuries, but the mum in the green car had split her lip and the side of her face was very red.”

Ant's car was covered up after the reported crash
Ant’s car was covered up after the reported crash

Police, paramedics and firefighters attended the scene in Mortlake, South West London, and the busy road was closed.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Police in Richmond were called to Lower Richmond Road, SW14 at 15:59hrs on Sunday, 18 March following reports of a road traffic collision involving three vehicles.

“Officers, London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade attended.

“A number of individuals were treated at the scene for minor injuries only. A child passenger from one of the cars has been taken to hospital for a check up as a precaution.

McPartlin returned to work last year after a three-month stint in rehab for an addiction to prescription painkillers.

In January, he confirmed he was divorcing his wife of 13 years, Lisa Armstrong, due to the pressure put on their marriage by his drug problems.

saturdaynighttakeaway1903a.jpg

Saturday Night Takeaway fans have predicted the show will be dropped after Mcpartlin’s arrest

Fans of the ITV entertainment show shared their fears that the incident would end McPartlin’s career.

Circus Performer Plunges To Death In Front Of Horrified Audience

Cirque du Soleil acrobat plunged to his death in front of a horrified audience while performing the routine for the first time on Saturday night in Florida.

Yann Arnaud lost his grip as he swung on straps at least a dozen feet above the stage during the show, VOLTA.

The 38 year-old was taken to hospital in nearby Tampa but later died from his injuries.

Arnaud was considered one of the company’s most experienced entertainers, Daniel Lamarre, the company’s president, said in a telephone interview.

“We were very surprised, considering his experience, that something like that happened,” he told Reuters , speaking from Tampa, where he had flown to be with the show’s cast. “I cannot describe to you how the people feel. It’s terrible.”

 

It was the company’s third death in 34 years, he said.

Mr Lamarre added that Arnaud had two young children but that he could not say more about the accident while an investigation was under way.

Only hours before his death, Arnaud posted excitedly about getting to debut his “straps duo act” with aerial lamp artist Pawel Walczewski.

“After so much work and training and staging, our straps duo act is finally in the show tonight,” he wrote in the Instagram caption. “It’s time to go for it.”

Audience member Ben Ritter told the Tampa Bay Times newspaper, that as soon as the performer hit the stage, he was “out cold and not moving”.

Another said that French-born Arnaud was visibly “struggling to keep his grip right before the fall”.

View image on Twitter

Arnaud had been with the company for more than 15 years and Cirque du Soleil said his death had “shocked and devastated” the entire crew.

On Sunday, Cirque du Soleil announced in a statement that the rest of its Tampa weekend performances would be cancelled.

Mr Lamarre said in the statement: “The entire Cirque du Soleil family is in shock and devastated by this tragedy.

“Yann… was loved by all who had the chance to know him.

“Over the coming days and weeks, our focus will be on supporting Yann’s family and our employees, especially the VOLTA team, as we go through these difficult times together.”

Cirque du Soleil performers during a different show
Cirque du Soleil performers during a different show

Mr Lamarre added that Cirque du Soleil would further investigate the accident.

Arnaud, who lived in Miami, was the second performer to die during a Cirque du Soleil show.

The first was Sarah Guyard-Guillot, a French acrobat and aerialist who fell to her death in a Las Vegas show in 2013.