A young mum has collapsed and died inside a court in front of her devastated mother and father.

Hayley Gascoigne, who is in her 30s, had a seizure and cardiac arrest but could not be saved despite the best efforts of emergency crews on the scene.

Ms Gascoigne had been attending family proceedings when her mother and sister sitting next to her noticed her eyes rolling back in her head.

The shocking scene brought Hull Crown Court to a standstill as the woman turned pale before starting to shake and going in to cardiac arrest.

Medics were told she had no history of taking drugs.

Her mother repeatedly screamed for an ambulance shouting: “Hayley. Oh My God. Call an ambulance. Please save her please.”

Two members of court security were called with a first aider who ran to the scene.

This was quickly followed by another guard who came to assist laying her on a court bench while her barrister dialed 999.

A single paramedic arrived to take over effort to save her life at 2.40pm as it quickly became apparent she had stopped breathing.

Her mother began crying uncontrollably. He mother shouted in tears: “Please Hayley. Please save her.”

Three police officers stood by as a further four emergency paramedics arrived and began an effort to give her adrenalin.

The youth was sentenced at Hull Crown Court (Photo: Jim Mitchell/Hull Daily Mail)<br />© Provided by Trinity Mirror Plc The youth was sentenced at Hull Crown Court (Photo: Jim Mitchell/Hull Daily Mail)
They were told she was normally fit and well but suffered from shakes.

Her dad shouted: “She has died.”

Paramedics continued heart compression. Her father cried: “It’s my daughter please save her.”

Court staff moved in to place a series of screens around her.

A man in his 20s, who had a mobile phone in his hand was accused of taking a photograph of the scene and was ordered by other defendants on the concourse to delete it.

The girl’s mother and father were comforted as the rescue operation continued for more than 20 minutes.

Two court rooms were brought to a standstill as the defendants were ordered out of the building.

After 40 minutes Ms Gascoigne was put on a trolley and taken via a lift out of the building to one of three waiting ambulances before being taken to Hull Royal Infirmary.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s