ENUGU STATE POLICE COMMAND MOBILIZES 800 PERSONNEL IN COMPULSORY FITNESS EXERCISE

The Police Command in Enugu State on Friday said it had mobilized 800 officers and men for a compulsory monthly fitness exercise.

The command’s Spokesman, SP Ebere Amaraizu, who disclosed this in a statement, said the personnel were drawn from various Police Divisions in the state.

Amaraizu said that the exercise, which was slated for Saturday, was part of the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Danmallam Mohammed’s strategy for combat readiness.

“The Enugu State Police Command will on Saturday conduct its monthly Jogging /walking exercise for the month of August 2017.

“The Theme of the exercise is Jog/walk for life and agility.


Advertisement

20901408_10213676464884292_2872414725562789546_o
Event postponed to Saturday 19 August 2017. Same venue at 6pm

“The sporting exercise is geared toward enhancing healthiness of mind and body and oneness of officers and men of the Force,’’ he said.

Amaraizu said other relevant stakeholders in the business of security and personnel from sister security agencies were invited to join the exercise.

“The exercise is expected to commence by 6.30 a.m. from the state Police Headquarters, Enugu, through the designated routes of major roads and streets in the state after warming up formalities.

“Members of the public, particularly drivers as well as other road users are enjoined to be guided by this information,’’ he said.

 

Officers need to trim down in order to enhance their agility and pace

He said the commissioner made it compulsory for officers and men to trim down in order to enhance their agility and pace in the performance of their duties.

The police spokesman said that the command was serious about the involvement of its personnel in the exercise.

According to him, only those on essential services, guard duties, special duties and excuse permit on health grounds are exempted from the exercise.

 

PMNEWS


 

Advertisements

YOUNG MUM LEFT LOOKING LIKE SHE BATHED WITH CHOCOLATE SPREAD AFTER EPIC FAKE TAN FAIL

A teenage mum says she was left housebound for a week after a fake tan fail left her looking “like she’d bathed in chocolate spread”.

Alicia Bettsworth from Crawley, West Sussex says friends even mistook her for a brown leather sofa – and were calling her a kebab.

The 18-year-old had slapped on three layers of St Moriz’s ultra-dark fake tan all over her body and face earlier this month but then made a big error.

She accidentally fell asleep.

The full-time mum-of-one woke up early the following morning and only discovered what colour she was when she scrolled over Snapchat’s camera.

Alicia Bettsworth with a bottle of St Moriz’s ultra-dark fake tan – but she says it was “completely my fault” (Image: Mercury Press and Media Ltd)

When the horrified teenager put the light on to get a closer look, her 14-week-old daughter Dolly looked up at her and was so shocked she burst into tears.

Alicia said: “When I woke up the next day and saw what colour I was I thought ‘what the hell have I done?’

“Once I got over the shock I started laughing and thought it was hilarious. I looked like I’d bathed in Nutella.

“It’s such a ‘me’ thing to do – I didn’t mean to fall asleep. I jumped in the shower and tried getting it off using body scrub but it wouldn’t budge.

“Everyone who’s seen it thinking I’m sitting on the sofa but I’m in bed – people think I’m a brown leather sofa.


“My little girl looked a bit confused at first and then she burst into tears – she was probably a bit scared.

“Once she realised it was me she stopped crying and started laughing.”

Alicia had put three layers of the £7.99 tan on at 10pm, fallen asleep at 11pm and woke up the next day at 6.45am.

After realising her beauty blunder Alicia took a quick snap and sent it to her friends on Snapchat and FB messenger who thought it was hilarious.

Alicia said: “My friends were ringing me in tears laughing – especially after an incident the week before where I left wax on too long and burned my girl bits really badly.

“They were all calling me a kebab after that incident.

“I was living with my aunt at the time and she was wetting herself too.”

Alicia Bettsworth with her daughter Dolly during her fake tan nightmare(Image: Mercury Press and Media Ltd)

 

Mortified Alicia had to leave the house that morning to buy Dolly baby milk from the supermarket and claims she was stared at throughout the 20-minute bus journey.

Alicia said: “I had to go out because Dolly needed milk – it just couldn’t wait.

“I don’t drive so I had to get the bus. During the journey people were looking at me, it was so embarrassing.

“Even the cashier asked me what happened. I just laughed as I didn’t know what to say.”

After braving the outside world for little Dolly, Alicia stayed at home waiting for the tan to wear off.

Alicia said: “I just stayed indoors and hid from the world. I tried to get it off in the shower it wouldn’t go any lighter.

“It was only a week later that I got a really nice tan from it, but in the meantime I just didn’t go out.

“I had to cancel going out for lunch with my friends and couldn’t go to the baby group I usually go to with Dolly as I couldn’t face meeting the other mums.

“I’ve used fake tan for two years because I’m really pale and it makes me feel more confident.

“I usually use this brand but the dark one, not the ultra dark. It made a huge difference going from one to the other – I’ve definitely learned my lesson.

“It hasn’t put me off fake tanning in the future, it was completely my fault.

“I’d seen people get really good results with it which I eventually got – just a week later.

“It could have been a lot worse, I could have had to go to a family party or funeral but luckily I could just stay at home.”

A St Moriz spokesman said: “St Moriz is the brand to give you a tan of any shade and we certainly encourage our customers to experiment a little to find the shade that best suits them.

“We also recommend building up the product gradually and showering to wash off the guide colour to ensure you’re always photo ready.

“In this case, Alicia got a little more tan than she bargained for by not following the on-pack instructions that show you how to get optimum tan results for your skin tone.

“You certainly can’t afford to take a snooze like Alisha when you’re on tan watch!

“A St Moriz product pack is winging its way from us to thank her for being a great sport and one of our tan experts will be contacting her to talk her through the best way to get the right tan in future.”

DAILY MIRROR


ROBERT MUGABE’S WIFE CHARGED WITH ASSAULT AFTER BEATING SON’S MODEL GIRLFRIEND WITH EXTENSION CORD

Grace Mugabe, wife of Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabe, turned herself in to South African police on Tuesday after allegedly assaulting a 20-year-old model in Sandton, South Africa over the weekend.

South Africa’s News24 reports that Mrs. Mugabe cooperated with the police and was therefore not arrested. She is scheduled to appear in court later on Tuesday.

The 52-year-old first lady was in South Africa to have her foot examined by doctors after injuring it at Harare International Airport.

GAB

The victim, Gabriella Engels, told News24 that she was visiting Mrs. Mugabe’s two sons, Robert and Chatunga, at the Capital 20 West Hotel in Sandton. A bodyguard directed her to wait in a separate room, and shortly thereafter, Mrs. Mugabe began beating her with an extension cord.

“When Grace entered I had no idea who she was. She walked in with an extension cord and just started beating me with it,” Ms. Engels told News24, adding that the first lady’s bodyguards simply stood by without intervening.

 

GabriellaEngels.jpg

“There was blood everywhere. Over my arms, in my hair, everywhere,” she said.

The 20-year-old model informed the police of her assault, who advised her to first seek medical attention.

On Monday afternoon, Ms. Engels opened an assault case against Mrs. Mugabe.

Mr. Mugabe’s media staff declined to comment on the incident.

Zimbabwe’s first lady Grace Mugabe 

OGUN STATE PLEDGES SEEDLINGS, FINANCE AND LAND TO YOUTH CORPERS INTERESTED IN FARMING

The Ogun state government has unveiled its plan for corps members willing to use their service year to farm and venture into other areas of agriculture development.
The Governor of the state, Senator Ibikunle Amosun made this known during the passing out programme of another set of corps members who have just concluded their three weeks orientation course at the NYSC camp in Sagamu.

Amosun who was represented by the Commissioner for Youth and Sports, Moruf Afuape said the state understands the value of Agriculture and food production in the economic development of a nation and will continue to encourage young Nigerians to venture into it.

amosun-512x400
Gov Amosun – engaging the youth in farming

He added that part of what the state has highlighted to attract the youth into agriculture include, allocation and clearing of lands, supply of seedlings and financial support for interested corps members.

While advising the corps members to make good use of the opportunity they have, the state coordinator of NYSC, Gladys Mbachi said the scheme will continue to develop quality future leaders with high sense of patriotism.

NIGERIAN LADY SUES AMERICAN AIRLINES FOR $3.4M OVER RUINED WEDDING DRESS AND CANCELLED WEDDING PLANS

American Airlines faced a lawsuit Tuesday after a woman alleged that the airline’s flight attendant deliberately destroyed her wedding dress in August 2015. The court papers claimed Yewande Oteh of Cherry Hill, New Jersey, decided to sue the airline after it failed to prevent or investigate the incident.

Oteh was flying from Philadelphia International Airport to her destination wedding in Montego Bay, Jamaica, when the incident took place. The lawsuit claims that flight attendant Melanie Masters put something into the overhead bin where her dress was stored just after an argument between the two. The lawsuit alleged that Masters conspired with co-workers to stain her gown with red wine. Oteh and her family are suing American Airlines for more than $300,000, alleging that the airline over the “willful and wanton” actions on its part.

Court documents, obtained by the Courier-Post, reveals Oteh’s complaint that describes her ordeal began when authorities asked her to remove her gown from a checked bag at the Philadelphia airport. She said a ticketing agent told her that there would be room to hand the dress in the aircraft’s closet. However, after she boarded the flight Masters did not allow her to store her dress in the closet, saying that it was not for passengers to keep their items.

Masters “became indignant and agitated, and began to talk to the plaintiff in a hostile aggressive way, instructing her that the closet space was not for passengers,” the lawsuit claims.

YEWANDE
Yewande Oteh claims her wedding dress was deliberately ruined by American airlines stewardess who poured red wine all over it

Oteh was later told to store the dress in an overhead bin. Oteh, who was traveling with her then-would-be-husband and their 9-month-old son, saw the flight attendant reopen the bin while conversing with two of her co-workers.

“It was [Oteh’s] belief that the flight attendants were placing something in the bin and making fun of [Oteh] and her wedding gown,” reads the lawsuit, according to the Courier-Post.

When Oteh arrived in Jamaica she found that her dress was covered with wine stains. The incident made Oteh “emotionally distraught” and forced her to cancel planned events with her guests, the lawsuit claimed.

YEWANDE
Yewande in her replacement wedding dress

Oteh’s mother, Yvette Sterling reportedly said: “American Airlines and its personnel robbed us all of this once-in-a-lifetime experience.”

The whole incident would naturally put anyone into a stressful state, which is why Oteh is now suing American Airlines for not just the dress damages and various costs and fees, but also for causing physical and emotional distress. The total suit is asking for $3.4 million — $850,000 for each count of “Negligence, Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress and Negligent Hiriing and Negligent Retention.”

In a statement to International Business Times, American Airlines confirmed about “reviewing the lawsuit,” but no other detail was given out.

Over the last few months, American Airlines found itself in hot water with several passenger complaints. Earlier this month, actress Lana Dunham slammed American Airlines flight attendants for “having a transphobic talk.” In another incident that took place in July, a woman claimed that she was forced by a flight attendant to sit next to a man who masturbated while she slept during a flight to Paris.

SPAIN EXPERIENCES SECOND TERROR ATTACK IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS. 5 SUSPECTS SHOT DEAD BY ANTI TERROR OFFICERS IN CAMBRILS

Spanish police have killed five people in a counter-terrorist operation following Thursday evening’s van attack on pedestrians in Barcelona’s tourist district of Las Ramblas that killed 13 people and left dozens injured.

Eight hours after the first attack in Barcelona, five people wearing explosive vests drove a car into pedestrians in Cambrils, a coastal town 120km south of Barcelona, before being shot dead by the police. Six civilians and one police officer were injured. The vests were later found to be fake.

Police conducted “several controlled explosions” in Cambrils.

10 YEAR OLD RAPE VICTIM GIVES BIRTH TO BABY GIRL

A 10-year-old who was raped and had her abortion request turned down by India’s Supreme Court has given birth to a girl.

“She gave birth through C-section today (Thursday). Both the girl and her baby are doing fine,” said doctor Dasari Harish, speaking to the AFP news agency from the the northern city of Chandigarh.

“The surgery was uneventful. There were no complications whatsoever. The baby weighed 2.2 kg (4.8 pounds) and is in the neonatal ICU for now.”

The girl was allegedly raped several times by her uncle – who has been arrested.

She is unaware she has given birth, according to the Press Trust of India, and her parents instead told her the surgery was for a stone in her stomach.

Her parents had gone to India’s top court last month to try to get a late-term abortion, but the request was denied.

The law denies abortions after 20 weeks unless the mother or the child’s life is in danger.

The baby has reportedly been put up for adoption.

India recorded 20,000 cases of rape of sexual assault on minors in 2015, according to government figures.

 

SKY NEWS

BEFFTA 2015 Blogsite of the Year Award Winner
%d bloggers like this: